How are you greeting your audience when they visit your site? Are you rolling out the red carpet and offering them a tasty beverage? Or is it a messy entryway and stale pretzels?
Getting readers to our site is not where our work ends! Mediavine’s Grow is free and loaded with features to guarantee you make a great impression with visitors. In this session, Product Marketing Manager for Grow, Amethyst Duke will walk you through her top tips for turning your site into the ultimate housewarming party using Grow!
Watch the Replay
About Mediavine and Grow
Mediavine is a full-service ad management system. However, they do so much more. Their mission is to help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, their motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
Grow is All-in-one Social Sharing from your website. Make content. Shape your influence. Grow your reach. Drive meaningful engagement through truly customizable social sharing.
- Before- and After-Content Social Share Buttons. Place the social share buttons right before your content, after your content or both.
- Floating Sidebar Social Share Button. Make the social share buttons follow the user as they scroll up and down your webpage by adding floating buttons on the left or right side of the screen.
- Social Share Counts and Total Share Counts. Display social share counts for all social media networks, including Twitter.
- Editable Button Labels. Edit the labels that appear in the share buttons, to maximize your engagement.
- Retina-Ready Sharp Share Icons. Grow Social by Mediavine uses an icon font to display the best-looking social media icons on any screen
- Brand Matching. Use Grow Social Pro for buttons that match your own site’s custom branding.
Planning Your Strategy
The first on the agenda for your party is to start with your basics and plan your strategy. It is important to know how to get your guest, in this case, your readers, engaged. Amethyst Duke starts by answering the most commonly asked questions about Grow; What is Grow, what does Grow do, and most importantly, who is Grow for? (Everyone!)
Planning your strategy is key to begin with because it answers the questions pertaining to who and what your site is, as well as what your audience wants, and answers some questions they might have. This information allows you to understand which guests have RSVP’d to your party and to know what you should do in order to make them feel engaged, comfortable, and as if they’re in a second home.
Creating the Ambiance
The key elements for creating the perfect ambiance on your site are:
- Relationships: Relationships matter. Create a seamless experience for your readers and help them discover more about you. In order to make sure your readers know your relationship with them is important, it is beneficial to create easygoing experiences and make creative content that increases their willingness to come back. After your housewarming party, you want your guest to feel more eager to come over to your house again.
- Engagement goals: Crush your engagement goals and track your success rate through your customized Grow Publisher Portal. In order to set and accomplish your engagement goals, knowing what kinds of articles and blog posts your success rates are high around is a great way to do so.
- Increased traffic: Future-proof your business. Build your authenticated traffic now, before third-party cookies are deprecated. Did you hear? Third-party cookies are now headed out the door! Future-proof your business today and be prepared for changes that are happening in the near future.
How does Grow help?
Grow creates self-goals, which include getting readers to revisit the site more and stay for longer. To achieve this and help others, Grow focuses on three areas.
- Clean House: Grow’s clean, a lightweight platform is designed with page speed in mind.
- Get the 4-1-1: Grow seamlessly syncs with your Google Analytics account so you can know what type of content resonates with your readers.
- Stress-Free Planning: Grow gives you your time back and the results you want in the bag.
Party Planning Tips
Before you send out your housewarming party invitations, there are some tips and recommendations that will help ease your party planning process, with features to help you grow your site!
- Great conversion.
- Great user experience.
- Build your mailing list while encouraging readers to sign up for Grow and consent to personalized ads.
Spotlight subscribe focuses on a less evasive approach to capturing readers’ email addresses when they visit your site. Spotlight subscribe will not only build this network to your site but for audiences to subscribe to Grow as well. It gives information on audience feedback by authenticating your traffic and getting readers to consent to personalized ads. Mediavine has been successful with this as they currently sit at over 3 million subscribers.
- Reward your most loyal readers.
- Lock full recipes, printables, digital downloads, and more.
- Requires users to log in and subscribe to view content.
Exclusive content is a way to reward your readers and give them valuable, specialized content to increase your mailing list. Think of it as a party favor to your guest for showing up to the party! After setting up exclusive content, MediaVine’s internal sites begin seeing an over 500% increase in their subscribers.
- Displayed to the reader based specifically on their browsing activity.
- Intended to match their interests to encourage further exploration on the site.
- Lightyears better for website growth; most blogs use Related Content.
Recommended content will keep your readers engaged while encouraging new growth.
Where are your new subscribers going after joining your mailing list?
- Grow now officially has a direct integration with ConvertKit.
- Directly connect your ConvertKit Sequences, Tags, and Forms to your Grow Spotlight Subscribe, Action Pack, and Exclusive Content widgets.
- Recent integrations with MailerLite and Mailchimp.
Spillin’ the Tea
What is coming in the next few months and in 2023 for Grow?
- User Import UX: Allows publishers from various platforms to import users and restore the bookmarks they currently have saved.
- User Roles: Allow publishers the ability to add additional owners and site contributors to their Grow settings.
- Auto-mailer: Send emails to your subscribers with personalized content recommendations.
- Improved Search Interface: Redesign the user experience for readers to more easily find what they’re looking for on a site, encourage favorites, and increase CTR.
- Digital Downloads: Building a one-stop shop for email incentives.
- Analytics Dashboard: Creating a go-to hub where publishers can review and track metrics based on enabled features.
What is Grow Labs?
An opportunity for the team at Mediavine to connect with the users of Grow by allowing them to test the latest features prior to the release of new features to the general audience.
How can I enable Grow?
Head to your Grow Dashboard, select General, and make sure you have Grow Labs enabled in your settings.
- Website: https://www.mediavine.com
- Learn more about Grow: https://www.mediavine.com/getting-started-with-grow/
- Mediavine Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediavine/
- To enable Grow: https://www.grow.me/publishers/
No, you do not need to be a Mediavine publisher to enable Grow for your site. For Mediavine users, you can enable Grow via your Mediavine dashboard. For non-users, the site grow.me/publishers will allow you to create an account. After creating an account, you will be asked to complete some steps which include linking your website, importing details, and enabling a lightweight script that will be loaded to the header of your site.
Browsers like Safari and Firefox have already gotten rid of cookies, and Chrome is next. Without third-party cookies, advertisers need to find new ways to provide more privacy-centric ways to target ads.
Whenever you visit a site, it will drop a cookie which essentially means that the version of the site will load more quickly whenever you visit it next and are also used to distribute browser information and habits.